Vietnamese Spring Rolls
When your family gets tired of the usual fried variety, these healthy, fresh spring rolls will be a go-to choice. Tasting them with peanut dipping sauce certainly makes you irresistible.
- 2 ounces Vietnamese vermicelli rice noddle
- 8 rice wrappers
- 1 medium mango peeled, and sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium carrot peeled, and sliced into thin strips
- 8 cooked or steamed shrimps peeled and cut in half
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 8 fresh mint leaves washed
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 8 fresh cilantro
- 8 medium lettuce
For Peanut Sauce
- 5 tsp fish sauce
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 fresh lemon to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tsp white sugar
- ½ tsp chili sauce to taste
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp peanut butter smooth or crunchy
- 1 cup peanuts chopped
- Cook vermicelli noodle in boiling water in a few minutes, then drain and leave it cool.
- Prepare a big bowl of warm water. Dip one rice wrapper into the bowl to soften (let it soak for few seconds), then place it on a large plate or a cutting board.
- Put 1-2 slice of each veggie, herb, shrimps, and a pinch of noodles on the 1/3 of the soaked wrapper that is closest to you.
- Fold the sides of the wrapper in over the ingredients. Then pull the side closest to you up and over the ingredients, sealing everything together tightly, and rolling it up.
Making The Peanut Sauce
- In a small bowl, mix the fish sauce, water, lime juice, garlic, sugar and chili sauce.
- Add soy sauce, peanut butter, hoisin sauce, sweet chili sauce to a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?