Pineapple Fried Rice
If you are looking for a perfect balance of acidity, umami, and savory, have a flick through this Pineapple fried rice recipe - a healthy, quick and easy-to-make entrée. Although there is a multitude of Pineapple Fried Rice’s versions, the most well-known one might be of Thai style. This dish is undeniably versatile, which allows you to make use of all leftover rice, veggies and mix with any your favorite protein. This recipe i am sharing stays true to the Thai way, but you, my creative home chefs, totally can replace with ingredients to your liking.
- skillet or non-stick frying pan
- 8 ounce shrimp peeled, deveined, rinsed, and steamed, leave half whole and half cut into small pieces
- 1 cup onion ~ 150g diced
- ½ cup carrot ~ 75g diced
- 4 ounce ham finely diced
- 5 cup cooked and chilled long grain rice jasmine or basmati rice
- ⅔ cup pea
- 1 cup pineapple diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 ripe pineapple chopped
- ⅓ cup scallion chopped
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp shaoxing wine
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp Thai soy sauce or light soy sauce
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Prepare the pineapple, trim away its core
- Heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a skillet or non-stick frying pan over medium heat
- Stir-fry the shrimps over medium heat until they turn color, then set aside
- Heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil over medium heat. Sir-fry onions, and add diced carrots, ham, and stir constantly over medium-high heat until the carrots are no longer crunchy, and set aside
- In a bowl, mix 2 eggs with salt and shaoxing wine well
- Scramble the mixture until it is half cooked over low heat
- Heat the last teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add cooked rice and 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine. The steam from the wine will loosen the rice chunks. Give it a good stir
- Add peas, fish sauce, Thai soy sauce, ground white pepper, sesame oil, the scrambled egg, cooked carrots, ham and shrimps. Stir-fry everything together for a few minutes
- Add the pineapple and scallions. Mix everything again for a minute or two
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed
- Transfer to hollowed out pineapples. Place the shrimps on top and garnish with more chopped scallion.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?