Kimchi Soup (Kimchi stew)
Kimchi soup is one of the best dishes to serve in winter. When it's chilly outside, nothing beats a stone pot of hot, spicy and nutritious kimchi stew.
- 2 cup chopped fermented kimchi at least 2 or 3 weeks old
- ½ pound pork cut into thin pieces pork shoulder or pork belly
- 2 stalk green onion thinly sliced
- 1.5 ounce shiitake mushrooms washed
- 150 gram firm tofu
- 5 cup water
- 1 tsp rice wine
- 2 tsp Korean hot pepper paste to taste
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 sprinkle ground black pepper optional
- Marinate the pork with the rice wine and the ground black pepper for about 10 minutes.
- Combine the kimchi, kimchi juice, hot pepper paste. soy sauce, and pork in a skillet.
- Add water into the skillet and boil the mixture over high heat for about 15 minutes.
- When the mixture boils and pork is cooked, add tofu, mushroom and cook for several minutes.
- Add green onions and remove the skillet.
- Serve the soup with rice.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?